Friday 7 May 2010

Drafts

The other things from the brief I have chosen to do are:

1 A poster for the film

2)A film magazine front cover, featuring the film
To get some inspiration and ideas, i looked at a couple of existing horror posters, to see what designs they used.

The first one i looked at was from the film 'One Missed Call'.


I like it because of the main picture and the title is noticeable, with an extra storyline at the top which stands out but not at much as the picture and title.

The second one i looked at was from the film 'The Eye'.


This is very similar to the other one, but i liked the idea of one main picture and just a title. I think it grabs the attention of the reader and doesn't give much information away about the film itself, which will encourage to find out more about it.


To help decide on my layout for my poster i have drawn out a draft on what i hope it to look like.


This is a similar idea to what i want, however i would like the main picture of the hooded figure to be much bigger and stand out more. Also, i would like the top two pictures to fill up the cut out shapes.

Next i had to look at existing film magazines to see how they put the front together and what is put on it.

The main film magazine i could find was 'Total Film' so i looked at a couple of different issues.


I think that this one is good with the big picture and small amount of colours, but i don't like all the writing taking away the attention from the picture.


I like this front cover, because it has one large main picture from the film with the title of it large to stand out. Also it doesn't have many coverlines so it focuses more on the main story. I like the simple colour scheme used, because i think it is very effective.

I have drawn out some draft ideas of a layout for my magazine front cover.
I like the first one more because it has less going on on the magazine and focuses more on the main picture and coverline.

No comments:

Post a Comment